Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This One Time,

Shawn and Jessy and I mashed high school and almostadulthood together for a Lenox coffee date.  

And then the high school part won over the adult part, so we got the 
"Best Hot Chocolate" at Chocolate Springs,



and a pistachio macaron like the ones Erica and I got at
La Duree - not quite the same, but delishus.



Sugar and high school besties led to giggling (is there anything more obvious?), and giggling led to me wildly kicking the plate to the ground, into pieces.


Moral of the Story: real friends stick around ten years after high school; real friends help you hide the pieces of the plate in planters and run out of the cafe with you.

1 comment:

  1. everything about this particular morning was amazing. i now remember each moment of this day, and find myself savoring each second, as it became the last day i saw my grandfather. i'm glad you guys are a part of that memory for me.

    ReplyDelete